A lot of people like to invest their hard earned money to varied investments such as stock market, business and real estate. Real estate investment is the most popular one as its relatively low risk investment. However, regardless of any type of investments, there has some extent of risk. Some people can avoid the risks, but some don’t, its depends on whether you are understanding what you are invested in, and how deep do you understand its investment.
Everyone can learn how to manage the risks and reduce it to invisible, you just need to know the rules of the investments. But, many investors make faults along the way and end up their investment with major failures. If you are newbie property investor, here are the tips to do well in property investment.
Common mistakes made by property investors
- Not having a perfect plan ➤ Many people jump in too fast and failed to designing themselves a perfect plan to begin their investment journey. Simply reading books and attend few seminars are not enough level to get started. Furthermore, some people put their first investment funds into big house which they are actually can’t afford for it and don’t stick on their plan.
- Arrogant (Doing solo) ➤ Some newbies are overconfident of their investment plan and not asking the expert’s advice and not even find a mentor for themselves. This attitude often makes them failed in this investment industry
- Get the wrong mindset of “get rich quick”
- Bad financing ➤ a bad financing can cause a property investor to lose money, or even worst case scenarios that go completely out of business.
- Failed to do their due diligence
- Underestimate the upfront/ entry costs
(Click here to read more about: Top 6 Mistakes That New Property Investors Frequently Make)
Here a few tips to you to avoid the mistakes and lead you to success in the property investment.
- Don’t use all your investment funds at first ➤ You can’t imagine how the unforeseen/ hidden cost would trailing you.
- Do your own due diligence ➤ Before you plan to buy that investment property, study the property market in the area by your own. Get as much as information about the area, talk to the future neighbors to get more details about the area crimes rate, the seller and etc.
- Join some groups ➤ Join a group that contain real estate manager, property appraiser, legal professional, inspector and moneylender. Once you have any queries or problems, you can seek them help.
- Look at the numbers ➤ Such as income, maintenance costs, rentals, and vacancy rate. With these numbers, you can calculate and estimate the money-making process.
Looks complicated right? Let’s be honest, if investing in property were easy, everybody would be billionaires. But, property investment can be easy, if you study it very well, having a proper planning, carefulness before each agreement is signed. Finally, your patience and emotion are important too. If you’ve master on these both, your property investment journey will be goes very smooth and the title of millionaire will comes to you soon.
Like this article or found it helpful? Share it!